2010년 7월 26일 월요일

INCEPTION





INCEPTION
Director: Christopher Nolan
Casts: Leonardo DiCaprio
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Ellen Page
Tom Hardy
Ken Watanabe
Marion Cotillard
Stars: 5/5
This movie is something I've been waiting for so long, so I watched it on the release day, which was July 21st! It is an amazing movie, the one of the few movies to live up to my expectation. That's why I watched it 4 times in theater up till now.. Once in IMAX and in regular screens for the other 3. Just to watch it in IMAX, I had to take a bus for more than an hour and take a taxi.

The movie was TERRIFIC. Despite its complexity due to the multi layers, the plot is actually quite simple, dealing with the subconscious of the humans to 'extract' or 'implent' thoughts. I'm not going to discuss much details of the movie, in case there are folks who haven't watched it yet. If you are one of them, I strongly suggest that you do! But before you go, if you are one of the 'slow' people - who don't actually get the movies, but simply say "I didn't understand it but it was good", then I recommend you to read some brief summaries of the movie. I've seen many people say that they don't follow.

The visual effects and the actions are the most exciting parts of the film, having numerous creative scenes well-delivered. My favorite part was Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'free fall' action, which was HOT beyond words. The music was also fantastic, thanks to the 'motion picture music big hand' Hans Zimmer. I belive he also wrote the scores for The Dark Knight, another movie of Chris Nolan. The coherent theme of the music in Inception is harbors or ships, because there are sounds that resemble ship whistles. In fact, the movie is constantly related with water and sea with its mysteriousness making it well connected.

Although the movie is highly entertaining, it is NOT merely limited to the entertainment factors. Dreams comprise life. People often talk about their dreams last night and try to interpret them. Sometimes a dream decides people's moods throughout the day and or even become the reality. Nolan does a breathtaking job of conducting a highly complex concept(three or four levels of dreams) without making it too confusing. It brought up my perception of dreams to a whole new level. Even after watching it four times, I am still astounded by his creativity and is looking for any clues that he might have left to help come up with a conclusion for an open ending.
Even though I am giving Inception five out of five, there may be some disappointments, especially for action frenetic. This doesn't contain intense actions every five minutes, but its originality makes a must-watch movie. Thank you Chris Nolan!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기