2008년 1월 25일 금요일

MEMORIES OF MURDER(2003)



Director : Joon-ho Bong
Casts : Kang-ho Song
Sang-kyung Kim
Stars : 4.2/5
I finally conqured the movie I have always wanted to watch since grde two, but was too afraid to. To begin with, this is a Korean movie that was released five years ago in 2003. It is based on a real story, about a serial homicide that happened from 1980s to 1990s. I don't say that the film is about a serial killer, because he is not really the focus of the movie.
The reason I didn't watch this movie for so long is that I didn't have the courage to face the visualized version of the horrifying story , as the story itself was difficult to deal with as a young girl. Therefore, I have pushed and pushed this good movie for later.
After overcoming the childhood fear, I would say that it was not bad. It is mainly focused on the story telling and the struggles of the two detectives, rather than the grusome murders. In addition, because I am too used to intense scenes, colors, and actions, a movie made five years ago didn't arouse too much fear. However, I enjoyed the film more than any other mystery, detective movies. First is my deep interest in the actual case, and the second is Joon-ho Bong's good conduct of the 1990s country side in Korea. Also, without a doubt, Kang-ho Song's marvellous acting played a priceless contributino.
The last scene of this particular movie is my favorite ending of all the movies I have watched. It is intense without any actions. Expecting you to watch the movie, I am not revealing any more about the film, especially the ending.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기